Saturday, May 12, 2007

Letter to myself: My role.

Dear Zac,
Become more knowledgeable when it comes to other cultures. Treating everyone the same is obviously a step towards equality, but shielding the fact that a black person has darker skin than yours hinders you. Take steps in learning that race does in fact matter. It would be great if it didn't matter, however, this class along with centuries of historical dates along with important figuers wouldn't exist if it didn't matter. Martin Luther King's dream unfortunately will always be a dream, but we in fact can take steps in making it more of a reality. As I leave Westminster College, I will take these values that I learned from this course and apply them to my daily living.

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Thank you for your contributions, Zac!